Picturesque beaches, Crystal clear water, exquisite marine life, mesmerizing nature trails, stunning sunsets, When you think of these all in one place, Andaman makes a perfect choice for vacation. The virgin island provides a lot of attraction for the tourist and backpackers alike. Most is a piece of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands which are the Union Territory of India.
The island is quite unexplored mainly due to the distance and accessibility from the mainland. From Stunning blue beaches, Limestone caves, Volcano, Adventure water sports, historical places, Andaman offer something for every tourist. For those who are looking for a trip to Andaman island, here are the details. You can visit the most popular places in Andaman.
October – May: Considering the fact that Andaman is a tropical island, it experiences only two seasons throughout the year – summer and monsoon. Winters in this region is not too cold, the weather stays pleasant in most of the part of Andaman. The only difference is that winters may not see as many tourists as the summer season. It is the best time for water games.
Summer in Andaman begins in April and lasts up to June. This season, the whole island gets alive with lush greenery and tropical nature. Summer is the peak season in Andaman for tourist. To beat the heat this is the best place to get escape from your busy life.
May – September: Monsoon season, you can witness the heavy rainfall, but it doesn’t stop the visitors. It has distinct beauty of its own in Rainy season. Due to heavy rainfall and unpredictable weather condition, there is now water sports. Even cruise rides in Andaman are shut during rains. If you are a person who enjoys the rain, or you can deal with the heavy rain, you can choose Andaman and even the resorts & spa prices are also going down in this offseason.
The Andaman Islands are an Indian archipelago in the Bay of Bengal, most is a piece of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands which are the Union Territory of India. There are 572 archipelago islands in the Bay of Bengal, out of that only 38 islands are living in. This island was unexploded mainly because of distance and accessibility. But the beauty lies in this island makes you go down on your knees. Crystal clear waters, wild animals, unpolluted air, this is the best place to get escape from your juggling life. When it comes to staying, you can choose Port Blair, Havelock Island, and Neil Island. There are few places need to have permit especially Nicobar islands, falls, and some areas of Baratang island. For local travels, you can hire a 2 wheeler, which is affordable. When it comes to a mobile network or wifi data connection, Andaman has a poor network connection. You can enjoy your fullest by giving 100% priority to family or friends. The most important thing is most of the transactions run here through the cash. As the poor network connection most of the ATMs also out of cash. and card machines don’t work easily.
Best Time To Visit:
Best time to visit Andaman is from October to March month. Even though you can visit Andaman whole year. Despite the fact that winter and summer seasons are a very little distinction, Winter has less crowd. Climate is charming and it is the best time for bird watching at Chidiya tapu. Its a home for around 240 distinct types of birds.
Another best time to visit Andaman is January. If you want to witness the culture and tradition of local Andaman. They display the different various traditions of tribal. The Subhash Mela is composed on the Birth Anniversary of Subhash Chandra Bose.
Places To Visit:
• Ross and Smith island: These 2 islands are disconnected islands and connected by a thin sandbar. These dazzling twin islands show up as two distinct islands during the evening. You can take a voyage through both the islands by going through the sandbar.
• Cellular jail: This is one of the most popular tourist attraction places in port Blair. Experiencing here is the light and sound show, which showcases the life of prisoners when the jail was operational.
• Mahatma Gandhi Marine National park: This museum cum park is home to rare species of flora and fauna, which are being preserved and protected here. Make sure you get the prior permission from the forest office.
• Barren Island Volcano: This is only one active Volcano in India. You can visit here through a private charter boat. It requires one night and 2 days.
• Havelock Island: This island is the most famous island in Andaman. Radhanagar Beach is one of the beautiful beaches. You have one more Beach called Elephant Beach, which is 20 min boat ride from Havelock Island. The beautiful coral reefs and underwater marine life makes an absolute treat to your eyes. This beach is famous for Water games.
• Neil Island: This lovely island is an explorer’s heaven. The blue ocean waters and brilliant sandy shorelines are all-around flawless spots for everybody. Aside from the Pristine shorelines, there is a natural bridge at Neil Island.
• Limestone Caves: The interesting Limestone Caves on Baratang are a rare beauty to be seen. The journey will be mesmerizing, taking you through tribal reserves in a speed boat. You can also catch a glimpse of sun-bathing crocodiles camouflaged perfectly in the mangrove forests of the area.
• Port Blair: Port Blair is a picturesque getaway from the hustle city life. A multicultural town offering a look at different local traditions. You have such a so many numbers of places for shopping like Aberdeen Bazaar, MG street, Sagarika Government Emporium, and so forth.
• Other than these places you have many places to explore like a Vijaynagar beach, Long Island, Bharatpur beach, Guitar Island Beach, Baratang Island, Mangrove Creek, etc. Parrot island, Makruzz, Jolly Buoy Island, Corbyn’s Cove, etc.
How To Reach:
To reach Andaman you have only 2 ways. You can go via airways or waterways.
By Air: You have flight connectivity from Kolkata and Chennai. In Peak season You will get connectivity from other major cities also. So you can plan for your trip in advance to get the cheaper air tickets.
By water: Passenger ships are available to Port Blair from Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, and Chennai. But its not too comfortable and it consumes good time. Each journey takes about 50-60 hours, with the ship docked at Port Blair for two to three days.
Getting Around: You will get a lot of cabs, jeeps or 2 wheeler for rent. most of the island trips require boat trips. Book in advance to save yourself from long queues.
897 total views, 1 views today