A well-written blog can be ignored completely if the best SEO tips have not been applied. Good search engine optimization methods are important if you want a good rate of traffic to read the post. For instance, if the post you have written does not have important keywords, it would not be ranked on the first page of results. This is a big setback in terms of the traffic rate.
People do not have a positive mindset of searching through the results that are not present on the first page. It is a fact that the top links are displayed on the first page. Hence, if you are going beyond the first page, you are considering the web links with lower standards. Thus, for a post to get attention from maximum people, it should be ranked highly. This is possible if the finest SEO practices are important.
Length of the blog post in 2019
The length of a blog post affects SEO results. In the year 2019, on a generic scale, a good blog post should have a length of 1000 to 1200 words. Again, this is a generic estimate and the topic on which the post is being written makes a difference. You may be writing a post on a topic that can be stretched for 800 words only. Hence, there is no reason to stretch the post unnecessarily for 1000 to 1200 words.
At times, blog writers have to prepare posts on a descriptive topic which people want to know about. For example, when you are writing a post on “The global IT conference of 2019”, maximum possible facts have to be included. The title of the post shows that this blog has a time restriction and people would most likely go through it after the year 2019.
Blog post length is not more important than readability
When a reader checks the title of a blog post, he is not interested in checking the word count. For him, the uniqueness and presentation of the content are more important. If the content is captivating, the reader would read the post with attention irrespective of the length it has.
Similarly, if a post is perfect in terms of length but redundant points have been used, serious readers would not go through the content completely. Therefore, the readability score is important than word count in the blog post. Prepostseo, SEMrush, and Soft provide online readability score checker tools for writers and bloggers,
Readers today are very smart and they can easily judge the quality of the written post by going through it. Some writers focus on submitting a post with appropriate word count. A good post has both the correct word count and the quality original information.
• Is it feasible to submit a post that does not meet the quality requirements but has an appropriate word count? The answer to this question is no. If a reader does not go through the written post and reads the information with interest, having the correct word count actually does not make any difference.
• Thus, it is good to focus on detailed research work for a good post and decide the word count accordingly. Most writers do not work with this approach. They pay attention to the word limit and compromise the quality level. This strategy does not work well.
Get the correct combination of word count and content research
There are no shortcuts of writing a good blog post. You cannot prepare unique interesting content if complete research has not been carried on the topic. The word count should be selected according to the topic needs.
Here is some points blog writers should consider.
1. Have all the important points written down
If you have all the points to be covered written down in one place, it becomes easy to develop the flow of the blog. In addition to that, it helps in estimating the word count without skipping or unnecessarily extending any points. Professional blog writers initially make a list of points that have to be included in the post. Each point is expanded after that. In this way, the actual word count is determined.
2. No keyword overstuffing to meet word count requirements
The use of appropriate keywords is absolutely necessary if the best SEO results have to be attained. This does not mean in any way that keywords should be used when the need does not exist. Keyword stuffing actually spoils the content presentation. Secondly, it spoils the SEO rank as well.
Professional writers use them in a natural way. Studding keywords to adjust the word count is not smart thinking as well. It would weaken the rank of your post instead of improving the overall impression. Keywords should be used according to the content flow implemented in the post.
3. Content redundancy is harmful
Writers who do not write down all the key points in advance usually run out of points. To complete the word count, they repeat the points. This is a negative practice in terms of both SEO rank and user readability. A blog post should comprise of unique content only to acquire a good SEO rank.
Understanding the privileges of using a word counter
The use of a word counting tool is beneficial in several ways. To start with, the words do not have to be counted manually. This is a very tiring task for writers. Once they are done with producing quality content, counting the number of words manually is not simple. A word counter tool is preferred due to several reasons and some key ones are mentioned below.
• These tools help in saving time. If you have to determine the word count of a blog post without using a counter, the only way is counting the word on your finger line wise. At the end of each line, add the word count already covered. There is simply no reason to put in so much effort. You can use a word counter tool and it would determine the exact count.
• With manual counting, there are risks of incorrect estimations. On the other hand, using one of these tools provides you with the correct count.
12,260 total views, 1 views today